There are 2 ways to install a WordPress plugin via the dashboard: 1) from the plugin directory; and 2) uploading to WordPress. In most cases, installing a plugin from the plugin directory will suffice. However, if you have a premium plugin, you’ll need to upload it to WordPress. Here are instructions for both methods on installing a WordPress plugin.
How to install a WordPress plugin from the plugin directory
1. Sign into your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click on Plugins > Add New.
3. In the search box, type in the name of the plugin you’re looking for.
4. When you’ve found the correct plugin, click on install now.
5. Once the plugin is installed, the install now button will change to an activate button. Click on activate.
6. That’s it! Your plugin is installed!
How to upload a WordPress plugin to the dashboard
1. Download the plugin file.
2. Sign into your WordPress dashboard.
3. Click on Plugins > Add New.
4. At the top of the page click on Upload Plugin.
5. Click Choose File and select the file from your computer.
6. Click Install Now.
7. On the next page, click on Activate Plugin.
8. Your plugin is now installed!